Friday, August 31, 2012

Invitations are so Important!

In a previous post, I let you guys know that I feel that place cards are an area that you can skimp on... while I firmly believe that, one area I feel is very important and not worth skimping are your invitations.  Invitations are so important and I feel they set the tone for your wedding.


When I chose our wedding invitations, I went in with one thing in mind... I needed to have a pocket design!  I've gotten so many invitations with cards and envelopes falling out all over the place and I wanted to have a sleek invitation that was as practical as it was beautiful and the answer to my dilema was a pocket design.  What I liked most about this particular design is that it's all intact.  Your invite is in one space and all of your cards are neatly placed in another.

I went to a bridal show at our venue and met the incredible woman from Unforgettable Invitations.  She hand makes them (although she has other options which are not as expensive) and creates a design that is specific to your likes and wants.  I chose an invitation that is very simple, yet elegant.  On the front is our wedding information (your basic invitation) with a monogram design with rhinestone details and on the back is a pocket with our response and direction cards inside it.   They cost around $10 a piece and we need around 100 of them.  Since they are rather pricey, I am sending one invitation per household... if I had went for a cheaper style, I probably would've sent them out differently.

Yes, I know this is rather pricey for invitations, but I am getting direction cards and place cards for free with my venue so I didn't feel as terrible about spending the extra money here.  Besides, they are exactly what I dreamt of!  I wish I could share a photo of them with you guys but I don't want to ruine any surprises for my family and friends who read this blog :)

Photo via joyfulheartdesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment