Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bride to Bride Tip #2: Remember, It's Your Dress

One of the most important aspects of the wedding to any bride is the dress... let's face it ladies, we've been dreaming of our perfect dress since we were little girls!  When going shopping, it's nice to take a select few with you for encouragement... I did and it was very helpful, but the one thing you need to remember is it is your dress - not anyone else's.

For example, when I was dress shopping, I brought my mother, grandmother, and sister with me.  They are all very opinionated which was both helpful and distressing at the same time.  I tried on nearly 15 dresses my first time out and only loved 2... one of which my family members hated - as in hated with a capital H!  I, on the other hand, absolutely loved it!  It was a princess dress with a structured bodice and full skirt with lots of drama!  As soon as I walked out, with a huge smile on my face, all of them - especially my grandmother - had this look on their faces that screamed nope!  So back in I went and tried on a couple more until I found one I loved and they agreed with me :)

The moral of the story is, no matter how opinionated your group is, always remember to select the dress that appeals the most to you.  Your opinion is the most important when it comes to selecting the dress you will wear on your big day (I can't stress you enough)!!

1 comment:

  1. One of my favourite show is Say Yes to the Dress and New York Wdding Dress (or something simimilar) on TLC and I have to say that I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone other than the bride can have such strong opinions about the dress. If it's not your wedding, you need to shut it and just make sure that no boobs or ass is showing - everything else is up to the bride.

    ReplyDelete