Monday, August 27, 2012

Place Cards... Yes, You Can Skimp Here


Many brides consume themselves with creating the perfect day that they feel there are absolutely no areas they can skimp on (I know several people who are like this!).  Well there are a few areas that I see you can definitely pay a little bit less attention to (and less money!). 

One of those gray areas is placecards.  Yes, I know as brides we want everything to look beautiful and creative, but these little babies mainly end up either on the floor or tossed aside as soon as your guests sit down.  While I've seen so many gorgeous placecard and placecard table ideas, this is the one aspect of my wedding that I will make less of a fuss about.  Our venue happens to give them to couples for free so if your venue does the same thing, take advantage of it!  Your placecards can still be beautiful even if they didn't cost you lots of money.  Maybe there's someone in your family or a friend with fabulous handwriting, or maybe your calligrapher who is doing your invitations can add these in for you... or, gasp, maybe you can print labels from your home computer and attach them to the placecards.  There's so many possibilities here!

Unless your choosing your placecards as part of your favors (ie. framed placecards), I'd definitely skimp a little here... I mean your planning so much already - don't be afraid to let this one slide :)

No comments:

Post a Comment