Monday, September 3, 2012

Bride to Bride Tip #5: When it Comes to Photography.. do Your Research!

Two of today's posts actually coincide with each other and they are about one of the most important elements of a wedding - photography!  After all is said in done, these are your memories of your big day and my Bride to Bride Tip for today is researching a great photographer is essential!
Like your wedding venue and the entertainment, the next large portion of your wedding budget should be investing in a prime photographer!  Photos can make our break the memories of your big day... could you imagine skimping on a photographer and getting back horrendous photos?  I couldn't!  That's why I did my research when contemplating a photographer.
 
Ultimately I chose one of my venue's house photographers - Romeo Creations.  I was fortunate enough to see Michael's work on a variety of occasions and I knew that's who I wanted to photograph my wedding!  Not only was seeing the work an important part of my decision making, so was reading reviews from other couples - all of which were fabulous!  :)

The following are some of my tips for researching a fabulous photographer:
  1. Narrow down your selection to 3 - there are so many wonderful photographers out there that it could take months to finally select one.
  2. Meet with them to talk about what you want - they should be very accommodating!
  3. View their work - both online and in person!
  4. Read reviews from other couples who have used them!
  5. Consider a house photographer of your venue - these professionals usually know the best places to take pictures!!!!!!!
  6. Experience level is also important - you'd like a photographer who's been doing it a while and has mastered the craft!
  7. Personality is key also!  You want to make sure you have chemistry with your photographer!
  8. Show them sample photos that you really like and get their feedback!
Photo via Zazzle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment