Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bride to Bride Tip #6: Attend a Bridal Expo at Your Venue

Bridal expos and shows are so fun!  Everything you could possibly need is in one space - from photographers, florists, DJs, bands, favors, etc..  You can even sample food items and watch a bridal fashion show with wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride styles, and even tuxedos! Since I've been engaged, I've attended around 6 bridal expos/shows and each one has it's own appeal.  What I like best is that the venue where the event is hosted will bring in vendors from the surrounding area which is very helpful.

When we finally booked Addison Park as our venue, I attended not one, but two bridal shows there (and I'm looking forward to October when another one rolls around).  At these expos is where I found my invitation lady (Unforgettable Invitations), my photographer (Michael Romeo of Michael Romeo Creations), and lots of inspiration for florists and even a DJ company!  I really like how each of these vendors are within a 30min or less drive from my venue - and lots of them were considered house vendors :)  This makes it easy and convenient for me as well as those who will be taking part in our wedding.

If you can attend a bridal expo or show at your venue do so!  Trust me, you won't regret it!  At these events, you find so much inspiration and usually leave with bags of goodies (including coupons!!).  You get to see what your venue will look like (they usually have a few table options set up), you can sample cocktail hour food items, and you get to see local vendors and meet with them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment