Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Review of the Red Bank Wedding Walk

Yesterday was the third Red Bank Wedding Walk and I attended the event with my best friend (a fellow bride-to-be), her mother, and her new fiance's mother. We had a wonderful time! Hopefully some of you were able to go as well!
Living so close to Red Bank, I was pleasantly surprised at how many different opportunities for weddings there are in one town! From florists, to jewelers, to photographers, to cakes, to venues... Red Bank has a bit of everything!
The day started off at the Molly Pitcher Inn (which is a stunning venue option) where we registered and were given our maps, copies of the new Knot magazine, a tour of a limo service, and our free canvas tote bags that we gathered our loot in. The object of the day was to visit as many different participating stores as you could. The stores were all grouped into different color blocks... and to be eligible for the prize drawings at the end of the day (they had everything from wedding rings, to free bridal showers, to eye lash extensions) you had to visit at least one from each. We did but unfortunately neither one of us won anything... hey, better luck next March right? The day ended with a free cocktail reception and prize drawing at the Oyster Point Hotel (another fabulous spot!).
My overall opinion of the walk was that it is a fantastic idea! I have so many different and new places on my list now! There is one store, Shore Chic, that is perfect for my beachy theme! They had everything... and I do mean everything (I'll post about that separately). They also gave great ideas for gifts for your groom.. sexy yet tasteful boudoir photos... an idea that is not necessarily me, but definitely alluring! I also found a wonderful photographer that I am going to make an appointment with as soon as we finalize our date and venue.
Next March they will be doing the 4th Wedding Walk and I am definitely going to attend again! I strongly encourage you brides-to-be in the NJ/NY area to do the same! It's was really beneficial because you find little jewels of places that you might not necessarily new existed!

No comments:

Post a Comment